As a part of re-building the brand identity and to keep focus on core service offerings, Nokia is discontinuing its Ovi Share sharing service. The Ovi Share web service will be discontinued on 30 May 2012. Check out the small tutorial after break on how to back-up all of your contents from Ovi Share before it goes down.
Bits From Nokia’s Conversations blog:
We have made the decision to discontinue the Ovi Share service as of May 30, 2012. Naturally, we are committed to helping you download all of your content and make the experience as seamless as possible. If you are an Ovi Share user, you will have until May 30 to download your content before the web service will be discontinued and won’t be accessible any longer.
To download your content:
- Visit http://share.ovi.com from your personal computer
- Login to your Ovi account
- Go to Download your media library and click “Download now”
- Follow the instructions on the site
You can either download your items in one zip package or in various smaller parts. If you have a big media library or are on a slower internet connection we recommend you to download your content in various packages as it will certainly be the more convenient option.
Here is a reminder of the important dates:
- March 13: Web uploads no longer possible
- May 30: Last day for downloading user content
- May 31: Service discontinued and no longer accessible