As announced by Nokia, MeeGo PR 1.2 (30.2012.07-1) update is now rolling-out for N9 users globally. Check out N9 PR1.2 Screenshots and Full Changelog after break.
FULL CHANGELOG PR1.2:
- Folders. To rename a folder press and hold inside the created folder to see a space to type the name.
- Default font changed. Including height and weight.
- Contact Book has the ‘Search’ bar visible by default.
- Each Contact Book entry now has wording “Synct to – MFE – “. This isnt ‘clickable’ and seems odd as it takes up quite a bit of space without clear functionality.
- IM Availability screen has been changed. It is now dark themed.
- Searching for contacts has been optimised and now allows you to search in Skype from the same screen.
- Swype keyboard now has bigger keys. Cant emphasise how great of an update this is. Also they seem to have fixed the “P” bug in swype. Previously starting a word with P in swype resulted in the keyboard being swiped. This no longer happens.
- Turning off the device causes the LED to stay on. Once it goes off the device can be turned on again.
- All UI menus have changed from white grey to black grey.
- Support for D-Pad arrows.
- Snooze/Off Buttons now much larger for the Alarm.
- New Contacts option: “Prefer Avatars from” and prefer Nick name
- Swype languages limited to Chosen list only.
- Random brightness changes seem to have disappeared. Improvement on light sensor behaviour?
- ”Conntect to the Internet” pop up screen gone when offline? (Need confirmation from a few others).
- LED now ‘breathes’ when the device is being charged.
- Facebook/Twitter notifications on the home screen.
- Swiping down to close an app now results in a dark shadow being cast on the open window. I suppose this is to indicate the swipe will close the app? Nice touch.
- Closing an app no longer results in the app appearing in the multi tasking window for a split second before closing.
- Disable Backgound connection for mobile data connection (ie. if you want to allow only WLAN to be used for bg connection).
- Copy and paste in the Browser.
- Most visited links on the Browser now has the top 2 visited sites in Bold and same size. (see image)
- Opening and closing a link from a browser sends you back to the original page as oppose to the multi tasking window.
- Browser now remembers passwords
- The default browser can be changed to Firefox if installed.
Just go to Settings -> Applications -> Web.
- Video Calling (more details needed)
- Camera improvement (Shortcut to enable/disable flash, New filters for video recording? and an option to turn on flash whilst recording)
- Gallery Improvement (Face tagging)
- Some new Wallpapers inserted in Gallery?
- Media Sharing. Support for DLNA enabled devices (not tested)
- More image editing options in the Gallery.
- Selecting multiple files in the image gallery causes a purple haze to appear over the images. Previously only a purple outline was used.
- Music. Now you can delete a music file straight from the media player.
- Music Player supports Playlist making
- Support for Dropbox
- Hitting the Album cover whilst playing a song shows the current play list instead of pausing the song.
- Camera has continuous shutter mode. If you hold it, it will take 8 pics in rapid succession.
- Email. The words “up-to-date” now appear when a mailbox has been synced in the last 1 minute.
- Threaded email.
- Email. A failure to sync an inbox now shows a red arrow on the notification bar.
- Improved scrolling in most apps. Including the Ovi/Nokia Market. Though lag still appears unexpectedly.
- Drive. The Drive App now has imported all the Favourites from the Maps application. Also the panning/zooming is much smoother. I also note that street names now re-flow with you to ensure you can always see the street names.