Comparison between the Nokia Lumia 900 and the HTC Evo 4G
- Better contrast on the AMOLED CBD screen than the SLCD
- Higher resolution for the HTC. (I find it funny they have to zoom in the text to show off the ‘visible pixels’). I know there are some here that scoff and say even 640×360 is fine. Some said they can’t even read 800×480, so I’m not sure how they’d cope with 720p on mobile devices. I certainly wouldn’t mind a higher resolution screen. It depends on personal preferences and how good your eyes are.
- Lumia 900 faster than the dual core Evo 4G at loading web page on the same connection (evo is loading up flash which is causing it to lag)
- They don’t like the feel of the camera button on the 900 (if it feels like the 800 then it is something that could be improved. The 710 is much easier to snap a photo on)
- Also look at the sensitivity of the accelerometer on the 900. It keeps wanting to turn.
- I’m biased, but the Lumia 900 is definitely the prettier device.
- The HTC will be available in May, for $199. Lumia available to preorder now already, $99.
I think the Lumia is doing well to hold its own here.